Alex Jones — the tinfoil-hat wearing, alternative-media maven, and liberty activist who’s arguably been right more times than is comfortably acknowledged — is running a high-value prize contest called “Operation Paul Revere”. The contest terms:
• Film can be documentary or fictional narrative (any genre)
• All work must be free of copyright issues. If requested by InfoWars, you must provide detailed information regarding the source, creator and background information of your work. If you utilize any 3rd party materials, such as music, you must provide license and/or consent forms to InfoWars upon request. Any news clips used must be short and clearly fair use.
• Videos must be in English or subtitled in English
• Submission deadline is 11:59 PST April 30, 2013
• The majority of the Content must be newly created and previously unpublished
• Submission consists of posting on YouTube and one other alternate video site on or before contest deadline and notifying InfoWars at [email protected]
• Video title must include “Operation Paul Revere InfoWars.com Contest”
• Video description must include the website (http://www.infowars.com) It is important to “liberty place”, i.e. product placement of InfoWars.com and related Alex Jones awakening information tastefully into your production.
• Slate at beginning stating your name and InfoWars Contest information
• Running length must be between 3 minutes and 2 hours
• Film must contain no profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of InfoWars
• Multiple unique submissions are allowed and encouraged
• Cash Prize winners will agree to non-exclusive, unrestricted, royalty free use by InfoWars.com and Free Speech Systems, LLC, in perpetuity in the known universe. All contest entrants authorize InfoWars.com and Free Speech Systems, LLC, and its media platforms to air their submission in whole or in part in perpetuity.
• If a collaborative effort, one person must enter
• Contestants must be over 18. Minors wishing to participate must present a signed waiver from parent/legal guardian
• Residents of Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Myanmar (Burma), Northern Ireland, and Quebec, or to other individuals restricted by U.S. export controls and sanctions are ineligible for Cash Prizes
This is a judged contest. Winner will be picked at the discretion of Alex Jones. Judging criteria will be:
• effectiveness in promoting liberty
• creativity and originality
Entries will be available for public viewing and comment
• 1st Place: $100k cash prize
• 2nd Place: $10k cash prize
• 3rd Place: $5k cash prize
Requirements for payment of cash prizes are
(1) timely delivery of a properly-executed Filmmaker Agreement;
(2) timely delivery of all properly-executed Talent Release Forms (and, if applicable, Music Rights Clearance Forms);
(3) full content clearance by InfoWars of the submitted video
“I’m more excited about this than any other contest we’ve held. It is my goal to release the explosive power of liberty. If you are reading this information, remember YOU are the resistance.” – Alex Jones
Even though it’s a certainty that the contest announcement video will be better looking than the majority of the entries, this is an impressive feat: Jones putting his money where his mouth is.
I’m excited to see what kinds of pro-liberty (and anti-tyrannical fear-mongering, awkwardly entertaining, made-by-folks-who-don’t-realize-how-they-sound) videos this will turn up. Here’s hoping the winner doesn’t turn out to be a two-hour documentary. Because seriously, have you ever watched a two hour documentary with a micro budget? Yawn.