Apparently some “hacker” got into the Obama 2012 campaign website, messed around in the database or whatnot (added a user account) and was able to gain super secret privileges (no, not really) to post an invitation to a House Meeting that was actually a full on critique of politics. The event was quickly jettisoned by campaign staffers but was quickly saved by the Washington Examiner as a screen grab. Full text of the event (OCR FTW):
Rules of Politics
1. Politicians and other public servants lie.
2. Politicians tell you what you want to hear and offer to provide things for “free” to get votes.
3. When government buys, the people pay.
4. Politicians are human and therefore can be greedy, selfish, irresponsible and short-sighted.
5. Political “power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely”. – Lord Acton
6. People vote for the most famous (popular) name (name fame). The main media determine who.
7. It is human nature to follow rather than lead and to feel rather than think.
8. Politicians believe that laws change human behavior or protect people. Laws are just words.
9. Politicians are arrogant and speak legalese. They believe they know what is best for people.
10. Politicians know Americans rely on rumors and conformity for their political opinions.
11. Politicians do not realize that outlawing acts increase the profit from engaging in these acts.
12. Politicians are controlled or influenced by unions, corporations and/or organizations.
13. Politicians qualify for their job only by getting more votes than their opponent(s).
14. Politician’s intervention often creates “unintended” negative consequences that lead to further intervention to “fix” the new problem(s).
15. Politicians believe people can find, read, understand, remember and comply with the thousands of city/town, county, state and federal ads, agreements, bylaws, codes, covenants, doctrines, laws, mandates, ordinances, policies, procedures, public policy, regulations, restrictions, rules and statutes.
16. Politicians believe robbing Peter to pay Paul is good, ethical and constitutional.
17. Politicians care only about 3 things – money, power and prestige.
18. Politicians replaced morals with law. Morals are enforced by everyone and there are no fines.
19. Politicians have an undeserved reputation for knowing more on most issues than other people.
20. Politicians are strangers, yet are trusted and believed like a big brother.
21. “Politics is a process of engineering problems to get more money to not solve them.” – unknown
22. “You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get an all that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.” Dr. Adrian Rogers
Well damn, now I can’t say with any degree of honesty that there’s nothing truthful to be found on O’s campaign site.
Oh wait, yes I can, this shit’s been deleted.