Once a year, Americans take a day off work to reflect about things for which we should be thankful. I thought I’d come up with a short list of issues we could celebrate this year:
- Unlike the Viet Nam era, our kids aren’t involved in an unpopular quagmire in a far away land.
- America sets international standards for the ethical treatment prisoners, ensuring their civil rights, as well as protecting them from .
- are safe, secured by a government that won’t invade our privacy without cause and due process.
- Our homes and land are secure from eminent domain seizure by corporate interests.
- All levels of our government ensure that we have access to the medications .
- Our politicians secure a future for our children by implementing responsible fiscal policy.
Actually, I am thankful about one thing. We still have the right to vote the bastards out!