Author Archives: Stephen VanDyke
** Okay, so the period of unashamed sticker pimping is over. But not before the stats. **
In January we gave away a grand total of… 74 stickers.
Yes, yes, I know it’s starting to push it with the sticker posts here at Hammer of Truth, but after this I assure you it will be the last one (from me) for a while.
Thanks in order:
- Thanks to all the local folks who are rocking them on their dogs and cars and skis and computers and office cubicles and stuff.
- Thanks to the Robin Hood of Colorado Springs. We’ve already heard one political rapper on the scene and it was thrilling to hear libertarian lyrics live while being able to point to a HoT sticker.
- Thanks to Geovanni Machado of Machado Customs in Colorado Springs for giving us a deal so fantastic we could swing a whole bunch of free ones for any and all who ask.
- Thanks to Ginsburg for single-handedly stickering 28 people in one night.
- There’s probably more, but this isn’t a fucking awards show…
For my part, in addition to boasting our over 12 years of quality libertarian prose and doing programming on the back-end, I’m still the primary provider of what interesting news I can find from the confines of a 9 to 5er (well, a 10 to 6er, it’s a flexible gig as a pollster programmer). I have already noticed an uptick in 2014 as the elections begin to really wind up and fire up new libertarians fill our ranks here and everywhere else online.
Eagle-eyed Hammer of Truth readers may have noticed our facebook sticker giveaway linked up for a week in January. We ended up giving out three of our new stickers right as they came off the press.
Apparently the software/app we used at facebook was a total failure and only two people were able to even submit an entry. One person appears to join every giveaway the app announces, and never got back to us when we asked for shipping info. Oh darn. Lame, we know.
HoT has upped the stupendous sticker selection to five colors:
white, pink, yellow, silver and gold
Today we’re launching new sticker distribution abilities, and simultaneously unveiling Hammer of Truth Asks, our own political polling platform based on LimeSurvey.
Hammer of Truth Asks will be occasionally polling opinions like the big boys (except with more than two party ID choices). Because really, we’ve looked at all this polling stuff and determined it’s not all that hard. Well, it is actually rather difficult and it took entirely too long to customize and install and making one short survey took all day and statistics should be scientific and precise… well all you want to know is “Does it works?”
If you’re in the U.S., Canada or Mexico… get your free sticker now!