This was forwarded to us (and over 3,500 political observers in Colorado) today by one of Hammer of Truth’s veteran opposition researchers:
Police records obtained by Colorado Peak Politics reveal a long and troubling criminal record for 3rd Congressional district candidate and state Representative Sal Pace (D-Pueblo). His criminal rap sheet reveals two arrests for public urination, one for felony burglary and larceny, as well as a bench warrant for failure to appear on his second public urination charge.
- March 12, 2004 Pace was pulled over and charged with driving without a valid license, driving under restraint, driving without proof of insurance, expired license plates and suspended license plates. He pled guilty and was fined for the suspended license plate violation.
- August 15, 2003 Pace was arrested for public urination, his second charge for public urination. He pled guilty.
- August 29, 2003 A warrant was ordered for Pace’s arrest for failure to appear in court on the public urination charge.
- April 20, 1996 Pace was arrested for obscene conduct, which Pace has confirmed was for public urination.
- October 5, 1995 Pace was arrested and jailed for felony burglary in the 3rd degree and larceny, which Pace has said was for attempting to steal from his dorm’s vending machine.
These revelations, barely three months after Pace announced his candidacy for the 3rd Congressional district make Pace the worst vetted candidate since Dan Maes.
It’s one thing to have a criminal rap sheet as a state legislative candidate in a safe district where no one pays much attention to the race.
It’s entirely different to run for Congress in a competitive district with a long and illustrious criminal background that invites comparisons to disgraced New York Congressman Anthony Weiner.
Certainly a bombshell story about Colorado’s 3rd Congressional district candidate Sal Pace’s rather interesting rap sheet. We’re hoping it will be making national news soon, because it’s rather salacious and scandalous.
I think he’s kind of like the R. Kelly of Colorado politics. What will he get caught peeing on next?