As much as I complain about the ever increasing restrictions our speech here in America, I had absolutely no idea how bad it has become elsewhere.
Take a peek at this article by Germar Rudolf.
So what is the truth about Germany today? The truth is that in Germany
– folksingers are threatened with imprisonment for singing peaceful songs;
– a professor who writes his disbelief about certain historical events in a footnote, written in Latin(!), in a scholarly anthology(!) was prosecuted and threatened with jail, and the anthology was confiscated and burned;
– a judge, writing a well-founded, but highly controversial book on historical topics, saw his book confiscated and burned, his pension cut, and his PhD title withdrawn as a result of this;
– a history teacher was sent to jail for uttering historical dissent in a private letter to a high-profile personality;
– a professor criticizing internationalism was kicked out of his job, harassed, prosecuted and driven into suicide;
– a historical dissenter was sent to prison for more than two years just because he published peaceful, scholarly historical material;
Holy shit! Imagine, being a scientist or a historian and getting arrested for having a different belief and *gasp* publishing it! That’s exactly what happened to a man named Ernst Zundel, a well known holocaust denier. Say what you want about his beliefs and the merits of his work, but think of the precedent that this sets. History cannot be debated?
At least in this country, even the completely moronic can still have opinions. Publishing said opinions will only subject them to ridicule if they truly deserve it. However, they won’t be imprisoned because of it.