I thought I’d start a tradition here by sharing my favorite music that I found during the week. Mostly I will peruse music that people have posted on the GYBO (Get Your Bootleg On) message board, and regurgitate my favorites for you in what is already a tradition on the GYBO board (though sometimes weeks can pass without a post on the subject). So I present my musical primer for the weekend, guaranteeing new music, fresh beats and funky downloads: T4dW.
- Kick it off with a mash-up by , featuring Aretha Franklin, Nirvana and [DJ] Jazzy Jeff he calls (6.7MB).
- Agent Lovelette managed to put Ludacris in a time machine, send him to the 80s, and sing “Stand Up” with Cameo playing “Word Up”… the result is the excellent mashup (4.7MB).
- Bring it down a notch for a moment with an unknown demo song by (2.1MB), quite good, can’t wait to see a remix.
- Poj Masta rocks the digital turntables with this quickie, but glitch-tastic, remix of Stylophonic’s (2.1MB).
- Once Poj has a grip on you, he doesn’t let go, and pumps a glitched up version of Britney Spears’ (4.6MB) at you until your ears bleed, except it’s a good thing.
- Cry on My Console has a lovely mashup called (3.3MB). Mixing Daft Punk – Revolution 909, The Clash – Rock The Casbah, Snap – The Power and Les Rythmes Digitales – About Funk, it’ll load up nicely for any bumping party
- Boom Selection) , the mofo everyone is going nuts over because of his Grey Album, has a nice krunk mashup of (3.7MB). (via
- DJ Prince brings us back to listening to Queen – We will Rock You, but he thought it would sound better if they had OutKast – Hey Ya! playing in the back ground: it does (3.3MB)
- Kareem Abdul Jabastaard may not be bringing much game to the court, but he hit the turntables pretty hard and invites you to (4.3MB). Nicely mixed with: Styx – Come Sail Away + Kelis – Milkshake + Ludacris – Area Codes + Aerosmith – Walk this Way.
- Soundhog throws some musical division at you with this mix of The Proclaimers vs 2 Bad Mice and comes up with (4.3MB)
And for the big finale mix,dishes up an impressive look back at the 20th century in this little ditty he calls… (19.1MB).
- Nightmares on Wax – Ease Jimi
- Aim – Ain’t Got No Time to Waste
- Brad – 20th Century
- Jorge Ben – Ponta de Lanca Africano (Umbabarauma)
- Bentley Rhythm Ace – Bentleys Gonna Sort You Out
- Ozomatli – Aqui No Sera
- Air – All I Need
- Beach Boys – ‘Til I Die
- Elliott Smith – LA
- Jimi Hendrix – Voodoo Child (slight return)
- Kula Shaker – Govinda
- Marlena Shaw – California Soul
- Nitin Sawney – Nadia
So download these great songs, grab a fresh writeable CD, and enjoy the weekend tunes. See you next week.